Enchantingly nestled in one of the area’s most private and exclusive settings, this grand architecturally designed, and hand-crafted residence takes full advantage of its beautiful north-westerly panoramic aspects with an expansive terrace and deck on different levels affording spectacular sunsets. Lovingly owner-built, this one family home has been immaculately maintained and stylishly renewed including a stunning chef’s kitchen with stone benches and Miele and Smeg appliances which brings culinary glamour to this remarkable home.
Subtle earthiness establishes its roots in the exposed brick and warm timber flooring, with additional defining features of the split-level masterpiece including a unique “tower room” with exquisite high ceilings and Victorian style arched windows and a clever floorplan that comprises two separate living zones on separate levels both with crackling wood fires – the epitome of foothills living. Those who love to entertain in style will relish the amazing alfresco zones that include a covered spa designed to take in those spectacular views, sparkling in-ground pool for endless summer fun, built-in pool bar and a huge deck for hosting friends and family or enjoying lazy weekends in the sunshine. The gently sloping grounds that span a generous 2231m2 have been terraced with places for play equipment and kids can run wild among the open green spaces that abound highlighted by magnificent gardens you’ll love getting lost in and your very own banana tree.
Indulge your desire for a tree-change and enjoy a sense of escape whilst still being in an amenity rich locale where you can be at the Village shops, Montrose Playground and both Billanook or Montrose Primary in minutes. You are also 20 minutes from major shopping hubs at Eastland and Westfield Knox and 10-minutes from the top of Mount Dandenong and all the delights of the Dandenong Ranges.
• The striking entranceway that hints at something special that lies beyond.
• Two separate living zones – upstairs family room with roaring open fire that links with a further upstairs accommodation and bathroom wing for the kids including the unique “tower room”.
• The master bedroom is set away from the main living area for privacy and space and features elegant ensuite adjoining a lavish rumpus/lounge area with Coonara wood fire – ideal as a parent’s retreat.
• The luxury of stone benches, stainless-steel appliances including double ovens, dishwasher and double-sided fridge cavity in the contemporary kitchen.
• The fabulous use of under-stair space incorporating an appliance cupboard and walk-in pantry.
• Butler’s pantry complete with an abundance of storage.
• How the kitchen spills onto a paved terrace inviting company and brunch with a view.
• Front garden oasis with fishpond and lush birds of paradise tree emanating tranquillity.
• Double remote garage and loads of off-street parking including a secure caravan/boat/trailer bay.
• Under-house space with external wall and windows installed ready to be converted into a self-contained area for teens or multigenerational families.
• Extra comforts such as ducted heating and evaporative cooling, Rinnai Infinity hot water system, and 65,000L rainwater tanks.
• A lavishly sized laundry with a third toilet.
• Side access for ride on mowers or bobcats.
Just a 7-minute drive up the Tourist Rd you will find century-old Destiny Point where you can enjoy their famous Devonshire tea or zucchini and corn fritters with magnificent views of Silvan Reservoir. Kalorama Park is opposite if you feel like walking off your brunch, lunch or afternoon tea.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.