Architecturally unique and framed by nature's beauty through soaring atrium windows, this elegantly updated split-level residence is the epitome of a hills haven set among spectacular themed gardens that envelope the colour-clad home, providing a changing landscape throughout the seasons. A picturesque package of open living spaces combined with cosy nooks are enhanced by character touches including Tasmanian oak floors, and living zones separated by the charm of Canadian cedar glass doors.
The stunning gardens have been a labour of love for the current owner and the incredible grounds are now rewarded with over 30 different bird varieties fluttering among the plantations. Lush garden zones connect via meandering pathways and feature a Japanese fan garden (imagine yoga here at sunrise!), a cottage garden, a stone garden, bountiful European hills classics and the edible garden pocket. Those seeking self-sufficiency will love the abundant trellises of, currants and berry varieties as well as lemon, lime, orange, cumquat, kiwi, fig, mulberry, apple and apricot. The flourishing veggie patch and the chook shed complete with the clucking Isa browns complete the choice of organic produce. The fully irrigated gardens are reticulated via three water tanks (35,000L) and there’s a greenhouse, hothouse and nursery to propagate and grow all year round.
Spaces to relax, gather, entertain, meditate and connect with nature all unite to deliver an impressive and refined domain set to accommodate your family for many years to come.
• The flexible yet fluent floorplan for families of all size with effortless flow from indoor to outdoor.
• A grand mezzanine level accentuated by a hearty gas log fire –space enough to congregate as a family and also to incorporate a home office or gym equipment.
• Beautiful black granite skylit kitchen with induction cooktop and integrated dishwasher.
• Cosy nook with a wood fire and built-in bar for relaxed fireside evenings.
• Media room for watching the latest blockbusters.
• Cool breezes and alfresco dining on the expansive double blossom wisteria covered patio in the warmer months framed by a terrace garden.
• Four bedrooms on two separate levels serviced by a timelessly designed family bathroom with floor to ceiling tiles, clawfoot bath and dual vanity.
• The master retreat with ensuite and walk-in robe opens to a private ivy-clad courtyard when you need some secluded quietude.
• Special extras such as a personal sauna room and a meditation hut.
• Comforts such as ducted heating, open fire and gas log fire.
• Plenty of nooks to embrace the work from home trend.
• Incredible storage including a double remote garage with internal entry and workshop benches, double carport and storage room with built in shelving.
• Circular drive and plenty of off-street parking.
Kalorama offers complete peace and tranquillity with the bonus of a friendly community appeal. Enjoy being close to all the delights of the dozens of bushwalking and mountain bike trails in the nearby national forest, Dandenong Ranges, Kalorama Park, Destiny Point Café and Kapi Art Gallery local post office, Mt Dandenong Primary School and Pre-School or benefit from being well connected to all the conveniences of Montrose. You are also a short stroll to the #688 bus with access to Upper Ferntree Gully and Croydon Station. Don’t delay. Enquire today.
The resident echidna will warm your heart with its regular wanderings around the garden. A reminder that you really do live in paradise.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice