Magnificently Renovated Circa 1917 Beauty on 1.28 Acres
Behind the alluring picket fenced facade lies a home of remarkable beauty and functionality with endearing character that places this lush 1.28-acre abode in a class of its own. Breathtakingly beautiful to gaze at yet supremely comfortable to live in, the circa 1917 home has been extensively renovated and reimagined in the last 5 years with family friendly spaces that combine authentic charm with stunning contemporary refinement. Defining features of this timeless beauty include a wide statement hallway, French doors leading to the full wrap verandah from every room, ornate fretwork, ceiling roses, sash and leadlight windows and gleaming timber floors underfoot. The home is complemented by sweeping blankets of lawn, landscaped alfresco zones, curated gardens awash with European and perennial plantings, stonework and a magnificent century old Copper Beech tree - one of several idyllic spots for a picnic. Located a short drive from Olinda, Sassafras and Monbulk Villages, primary schools and moments from Olinda community pool, the gorgeous eco-playscape and off-leash dog park as well as all the tourist attractions of the glorious Dandenong Ranges, this incredible lifestyle is yours for the taking.
• Rich in quality and distinct in style, the stunning entertainer's kitchen features deluxe walk-in pantry, stone benchtops, Bosch dishwasher and SMEG 900mm cooker. A grand island bench invites conversation as you meal prep and French doors to the garden provides cool breezes and easy access to fresh herbs.
• An adjacent lounge/dining space is cosied up with a crackling enclosed wood fire for winter warmth.
• Enchanting library or retreat space with built in shelving to display all your favourite chapters.
• Second living space/home theatre where you can enjoy the cinema experience at home with big screen and surround sound.
• Original mantels in all three minor bedrooms add character and soul with the grand spaces featuring fresh carpet and French doors to the verandah that frame beautiful garden aspects. A charming family bathroom showcases an alluring claw foot bath.
• A palatial master retreat with walk-in dressing room, marble-clad ensuite with chic gold tapware and walk-in shower is a sanctuary for rest and relaxation.
• An enchanting study/home office with ornamental fireplace harnesses stunning garden views to cure any writer’s block.
• Outside an expansive deck flows off the full-wrap verandah - a welcoming haven for year-round enjoyment against a lush garden backdrop. Dine alfresco, party the night away, enjoy a long lunch with friends or simply relax in the sunshine. Step down to a stone-topped terrace with built in gas barbeque for even more entertaining options.
• Encased by a haven of stunning gardens that transform with the seasons, green thumbs will adore the 50-year-old rhododendrons, camelias, daphne, daffodils, bluebells, lily of the valley, black tulips, 20 peony bushes, David Austin roses and tulip, crepe myrtle, maple, elm, rare snowball and 11 oak trees.
• Flowering pear trees lure you down the garden path to the fire pit to enjoy twilight conversation or simple quietude enhanced by birdsong including the resident owl.
• Further highlights include huge laundry/mud room, wood storage, plenty of off-street parking, ducted heating/cooling, double glazed windows and security alarm and camera system. The home has also been restumped and the roof resealed.
• Those after a sustainable lifestyle will also appreciate the 17 solar panels, rainwater tank, veggie planter boxes and worm farm septic.
In under 10 minutes you can be at The Proserpina Bakery for the best sourdough in the hills and the friendliest faces in the community.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.