Circa 1910 Renovated Family Haven with Plans and Permits for Dual Occupancy
ENQUIRE ONLINE TO REGISTER FOR INSPECTION TIMES
Important Notice: This property is open for private inspections, please contact us to book a time. In accordance with Victorian Government requirements only fully vaccinated people will be able to attend Open for Inspections. Attendees must check in via a QR code and provide evidence of being fully vaccinated prior to entry. If you are unvaccinated please contact the agent to arrange a private inspection.
This old-world beauty has family at its heart and will adapt to all stages of family life from toddlers to teens and all the in between years. A heart-warming sanctuary of character, space, and amenity, this sophisticated family home takes you on a journey which began over a century ago which simply gets better with age.
Sympathetic to the grandeur and grace of its beautiful 1910 bones, this indelible haven showcases soaring ceilings, baltic pine floorboards downstairs and hardwood floorboards upstairs, ceiling roses, ornate fretwork plus lead light and sash windows – all the essential elements that add character and charm combined with interiors that faultlessly meet the demands of today. Designed over two glorious levels and framed by winding brick pathways and established gardens ensconced behind privacy fences, this is a home built for togetherness whether it be lounging around with friends while the barbeque is sizzling and the laughter of children is in the air, long lazy Sunday lunches with the extended family or hosting that special milestone under the shade of the charming gazebo.
Tradies could be well catered for with the prime corner position allotment with dual gated street access, with council approval, to generous off-street parking. Trailers, caravans or boats could be accommodated and there’s a double carport for the cars too which can double as a party hub!
Savvy buyers will also appreciate the hard work and cost has been done for them with approved plans and permits for a second street-facing 3 bedroom residence on the grand 1,240sqm approximate block.
The community perks are just as enticing with the kids able to grab their lunches and walk themselves to school! The soon to be completed Croydon Community School is opposite and Silcock Reserve is at the end of the street. Croydon Primary School, train station and Main Street shops and eateries are an easy walk away and you’re within close proximity to Luther College, Yarra Valley Grammar, EastLink, Eastland and Chirnside Park Shopping Centres.
TALKING POINTS . . .
• A timeless Jarrah kitchen contains quality stainless steel appliances, plus an abundance of drawer, cupboard and pantry space.
• A high bench to gather around for family breakfasts on the go adds flair along with louvred ventilation behind chic plantation shutters that keeps the cool breezes flowing.
• Homely living/meals space overflowing from the kitchen and out to the deck via French doors. A room waiting to be filled with conversation, hearty meals and excited chatter as the kids tumble in the door from school.
• Enchanting lounge with open fireplace when it’s time to disappear to another world.
• Adding an extra layer of versatility is the upstairs attic-style space with built-in speakers and oodles of storage ready to utilise as a fourth bedroom, teenagers retreat, home office, games room or all of the above as your family needs change over the years.
• Rest and rejuvenate in any of the three robed bedrooms serviced by a true to the era bathroom with exquisite claw foot bathtub to soak away the day’s stresses.
• One of the bedrooms contains a charming open fireplace and a separate entrance to a wisteria-clad deck.
• The master retreat boasts a floor to ceiling wardrobe cupboard and a decadent walk-in wardrobe plus attached storage room with luxe newly built ensuite.
• Workshop with built-in shelving and walk-in storage for tools and tinkering.
• Ducted heating, split system air conditioning and ceiling fans for seasonal comfort.
• Rainwater tank, sprinkler system, an abundance of storage in every nook and cranny, garden shed and a laundry with adjacent third toilet.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.