Superb Residence in a Large Idyllic Sanctuary with Unrivalled Panoramic Views & The Biggest Wine Cellar in the Hills
Privately nestled, amidst the tranquillity of just under 8 sprawling acres, at the end of a meandering drive, this grand 4-bedroom, 3-bathroom residence faces south east ensuring you start each day taking in breathtaking sunrises, or overlooking a soft blanket of fog in the valley below, as you seem to float above the clouds. Your future home, lovingly embedded in stunning park-like gardens that have featured amongst Secret Gardens of the Dandenongs, offers awe-inspiring, panoramic views from its floor to ceiling windows, views that extend from The Patch on a ridge opposite, an incredible 40km in the distance to Mt Donna Buang.
As you step inside, each room exudes comfort and elegance, smoothly transitioning from one into the next. Quality finishes complement the carefully designed floor plan, while every window frames picturesque views that might feature on an artist’s canvas.
The family chef’s heart will be gladdened by the recent upgrade to a superb quality kitchen featuring Bosch 900mm stainless steel oven and glass cooktop, integrated Bosch dishwasher, tall appliance cupboard, island preparation bench and extensive, lustrous Caesarstone benches. There’s also an adjacent butler’s pantry and wine room to keep life clutter free.
The open plan kitchen/meals/living area is made for entertaining and opens onto a sunrise terrace where kookaburras, parrots and butcher birds will greet you each morning. The house’s entertaining credentials are further enhanced by a lavishly sized entrance and lounge room that opens into the dining room. A gas log fire will add atmosphere and warmth to these rooms on cooler days.
The pristinely maintained and expertly designed gardens, which have strong Edna Walling and Italianate elements, are aglow with vibrant flora and the soothing murmur of several water elements that include a significant flowing stream elegantly cascading into two ponds, a smaller version of it closer to the house, and a wonderfully proportioned circular pond that is linked to the house by wide formal steps and to the flowing stream by a walkway along a stately 15m long rose arbour. The arbour is perfectly balanced by a crab-apple allée of similar proportions. Another lateral path further down the hillside is bordered by an extended beech hedge and a line of tall hornbeam trees. At its centre, on a plinth in an opening, is a bronze statue of Diana the Huntress who gazes, through a gap in the beech, towards distant hills. The free-flowing grounds offer an idyllic spot for peaceful reflection, a backdrop to romantic dinners, or a space to entertain under the stars.
There are swathes of rhododendrons, azaleas and camelias that bloom in springtime and meandering walkways provide green thumbs endless spots to potter in the sunshine or indulge in serious gardening. Tucked away beneath the home in cool isolation, you’ll discover a secret brick lined hallway of sorts stretching about 40 metres that could play host to one of the most extensive wine cellars in the hills. This private treasure trove’s rarity and size is just another remarkable feature of this unique estate.
Be prepared to fall in love, for this isn't merely a home, it's a lifestyle. A rare gem that you'll want to hold onto forever.
At a Glance:
• Situated on approx. 8 acres at the end of a meandering drive ensuring privacy and seclusion.
• Flat usable parkland like grounds with a rose arbor, two streams and a circular pond.
• Sited 450m above sea level.
• Open plan dining room and lounge with a gas log fire.
• Recently renovated kitchen with Caesarstone benches, 900mm stainless steel oven, glass cooktop and integrated dishwasher.
• 3-bedroom wing plus a study/fourth bedroom including master with walk in robe and ensuite (both bathrooms have been renovated with floor to ceiling tiles and deep soak baths).
• A mud room with its own toilet, basin and shower – perfect for green thumbs.
• Integrated carport so you can bring shopping straight into the living area.
• Generous car accommodation including a double garage with internal entry, storage shelves and 2 storage rooms.
• Double brick storage area that could be used as a wine cellar - one of the biggest in the hills.
• NBN fibre to the house linked to an in-house data cable network
• New carpet and curtains.
• Powder room with Japanese toilet.
• Two water tanks and pipework/pressure pump for garden irrigation.
• Gas hot water system recently replaced.
• Huge laundry/utility room with drying cupboard.
• Ducted gas heating plus separate ducted electric reverse cycle heating and cooling plus gas log fire.
• A stream that appears to spring from the hillside flows to a pond then cascades over 5 retaining walls to a collection pond for recirculation using a pump in an underground storage tank.
• Large circular pond 6m in diameter and 0.8 m deep linked to the house with 2.5m wide steps.
• Gardens awash with azaleas, camellias, rhododendrons, tree ferns, crab apple trees that have white blossoms in spring, hazelnuts and chestnuts.
• Wood fired pizza oven in a paved garden setting for alfresco dining.
• Automatic transfer switch from mains to generator.
• Large capacity, heated, clothes-drying cabinet.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.