*PLEASE PARK ON MT.DANDENONG TOURIST ROAD AND WALK TO PROPERTY*
Tucked off the tourist Road in a private and exclusive setting, this mid-century gem is an easy amble from the village yet seemingly in a world of its own set on 1257m2 of stunning gardens. Circa 1950 - the sprawling yet snug mid-century home spills with charm and charisma with a sublime sympathetic upgrade to its vintage bones; the grace and style of yesteryear flawlessly melding with all the comforts of modern living. Perfectly positioned to embrace the very best of life in the Dandenong Ranges, this is a home for large and growing families yearning for a charmed setting to experience life in the hills.
Captivating sash windows and French doors ensure almost every space connects to its magical surrounds, with endless garden glances and lashings of natural light. And why wouldn't you want to shine a light on the original timber floors freshly polished with a satin gleam.
Consider the huge downstairs living/dining room the perfect family hub, warmed by the crackle of an alluring wood fire that spreads its warmth throughout the home.
A glorious copper beech is framed by the lavish panes of the lounge and can be enjoyed from your spot on the sofa as well as where family meals are enjoyed; a touch of live art that changes with the seasons.
A swoon-worthy provincial style kitchen has everything you need to host Christmas Day or prepare weeknight meals including stone benches, a deluxe 900mm Belling cooker, farmhouse sink, Smeg dishwasher and a wine fridge for your favourite drops. A custom pantry with pull out shelves keeps life clutter free, whilst pressed metal splashbacks deliver a distinct vintage air.
French doors introduce a hallway where three bedrooms reside or utilise the larger one as a second living/home office/5th bedroom, and you’ll be enchanted by the family bathroom where a claw foot bath and vintage rain shower awaits your downtime.
Upstairs, a divine parents’ bedroom with ensuite and designer walk-in robe, fourth bedroom and retreat/home office area resides. The perfect escape for the heads of the house.
A dreamy alfresco deck that wraps around half of the home's substantial perimeter overlooks stunning gardens with perfectly manicured hedges, a running pond and a chook house. It’s an open-air stage to take in breathtaking surrounds for dinner alfresco, lazy Sundays, or a platter of local fare.
Beyond, meandering pathways lead to garden rooms laced with European plantings including Japanese maples and at least thirty different varieties of hellebores, evoking a poetic ambience that complements the vintage allure of the home.
And what hills house would be complete without a mud room? An elegant stopping point resplendent with travertine tiles and custom-built storage before swinging the respective French doors open to the courtyard garden and spa area, where outdoor entertaining does solitude or social superbly.
More to Love:
• “Wandana” – a 4/5-bedroom, 2 bathroom mid-century home on a fully fenced 1257m2.
• The floor plan is flexible to comprise five bedrooms or four bedrooms and an extra living area downstairs.
• A comprehensive renovation includes sympathetic upgrades and an upstairs extension to the original 1950s build.
• Seamless vintage detail has been retained and added including doorknobs, solid timber doors and light switches.
• Upstairs is the master with walk in robe and ensuite plus another bedroom and a retreat area or home office.
• 3 bedrooms or 2 and a second living area on the ground floor.
• The home has been re stumped.
• 6 seated outdoor salt water spa pool
• Split system air conditioning and ducted heating for seasonal comfort.
• Generator switch from the mains power in case of a power outage with generator included.
• Security cameras and alarm system.
• Under stairs storage.
• Rainwater tank
• Single carport plus ample off-street parking.
Disclaimer: All information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions (including but not limited to a property's land size, floor plans and size, building age and condition) Interested parties should make their own enquiries and obtain their own legal advice.
Saturday 2 March12:30pm - 01:00pm